Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tuesdays with Dorie - Chocolate Truffle Tartlets

If you love chocolate, and I mean REALLY love chocolate this recipe is for you.  I must confess that there are times when I feel out of place in this world.  I like chocolate. I enjoy chocolate. BUT...[gulp]...my life would go one just fine without it.  I know, I know, it's difficult for some of you, who obsess over chocolate, to believe that someone like me can and does exist.  I promise, I wanted the first bite of my tart to send me into the ecstasy that others describe when indulging in chocolate, but it didn't.  I knew when I read the recipe that I should back off the dark chocolate that was called for.  I have not used bittersweet chocolate one time when I didn't think it made the recipe too chocolatey (yes, I said it!).  I am definitely going to make this again, but with a semi-sweet chocolate instead.

So, what did I like about the recipe.  I LOVED the biscotti and the texture it gave to the filling.  I adored the chocolate crust and will definitely be using it again.  It would be fantastic filled with coffee ice cream and topped with caramel.

I encourage to buy Baking with Julia.  I'm already stretching myself beyond my comfort zone!

3 comments:

  1. Too chocolately!? Lol. I think with ice cream it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right with you on the chocolate - I like it okay, but if you threw a lemon tart my way...
    Love the coffee ice cream and caramel idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on chocolate. I like it, but a little goes a long way for me...like in this tart, for example! The coffee ice cream and caramel would be amazing in this tart shell. Thanks for baking along with us this week.

    ReplyDelete